House District 75 is my home. I was born in 1961 to Johnny and Gladys Cain in Emporia and I live in Jarratt, Sussex County, with my husband, Rufus Tyler Sr. We have four children: Rufus Jr., Ronecia, Rosche, Rameka and two grandchildren, Makenzie and Karter.
I graduated from Greensville High School and worked hard to have a successful academic career, earning several advanced degrees. Today I’m the Clinical Coordinator of Physical Therapy at Southern Virginia Regional Medical Center and I’m proud to be personally invested in the health and wellbeing of our District. My educational background includes:
- B.S. Biology – Virginia State University
- B.S. Physical Therapy – Old Dominion University
- M.S. Education – Virginia State University
- Advanced Studies – Virginia Commonwealth University
I was elected to represent our community in the Virginia General Assembly in 2005. I was appointed to serve on the following committees in the 2019 Virginia General Assembly:
- Chair: Appropriations – Compensation and General Government Subcommittee
- Agriculture Chesapeake and Natural Resources – Agriculture Subcommittee
- Appropriations – Commerce, Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Appropriations – Transportation and Public Safety Subcommittee
I also serve on several commissions including the Broadband Advisory Council, Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission, and House Agriculture Standing Committee on Chesapeake and Natural Resources.
Every day at the Assembly is an opportunity to advocate for my legislative priorities. I always take a bold stance when it comes to our District and the issues that matter to us.